Monday, June 28, 2010

Ahhh Summer!

Today is the start of the first official full week of being "off " for the summer.

My vision for this day:
  • Have my Chai tea on the deck in the cool morning air
  • Listen to Tim sing on the radio
  • Exercise
  • Make the kids a lovely breakfast
  • Sew
My reality:
  • too hot to have tea on the deck
  • kid in bed with a 100 degree fever
  • listened to Tim sign while taking kid's temperature
  • cleaned up dog pee - the dog apparently drank too much yesterday due to the heat and had an accident(the Nile) on the kitchen floor during the night
  • I have a splinter buried in the bottom of my foot which interferes with the whole walking and exercise thing
Thanks goodness my foot pedal foot is splinter free, the central air is A-O-K, and the sick kid isn't getting any sicker. I guess I had better just stay inside and sew.

Now that the Pillow Talk Swap pillow is safe and sound in the hands of its new owner, I can work on some of my other projects.

I really want to make a few more blocks and finish my Spider Web Quilt.

Have a Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Your spiderweb quilt is nice. I like the greens. I have got to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaaa...I was going to be seriously jealous if you had been able to do the first list!

    Sure hope the sick kid is on the mend and thank heaven your splinter is on the other foot!

    I'll have som Chai tea for you and you can now feel bad for me because we don't have our A/Cs in the window yet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spiderweb quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete